Lenovo is a Chinese multinational company with its headquarters in Beijing, China. With its enormous market to trade over, the company is very well known for its gadgets like tablets, smartphones, laptops, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices and even television, sets.
It also markets notebook laptops like IdeaPad line of laptop notebooks.
With its operation in about 60 countries, it markets in around 160countries of the world. Its research centers are in Beijing, Morrisville, Shanghai , Nanjing, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Wuhan and Chengdu, all situated in China itself.
It was founded in Beijing by LIU CHUANZHI in 1984 as Legend and was set up in Hong Kong in 1988. Lenovo entered in the business of computers in 2005 and that of smart phones in 2012.
As of 2014, it is China’s largest vendor company of smartphones which is probably because it is the only Chinese company which is trusted by people in countries other than China itself as Chinese products are well known and reputed for their non-performance.
For about the first 20 years of the establishment of the company, it was known by its older name “LEGEND”. In fact, its present name, Lenovo, is sort of derived from its former name. LENOVO=Le + novo. “Le” has been derived from “legend” and “novo” is a Latin word for “new”.
In 2015, the company came up with a new logo and its slogan as “INNOVATION NEVER STANDS STILL.”
Lenovo sold its smartphone and tablet division in 2008 for a huge sum of US $ 100,000,000 in order to concentrate mainly on its computer division. But then, it brought the unit back in November 2009 for double the amount they sold it for. It entered the smartphone market in 2012.
LENOVO K6 POWER
As an improved a newer edition of its last model launched in August 2016 in India, Lenovo Vibe K5 Note, Lenovo has now come up with Lenovo K6 Power.
The phone is to be launched today in India. The company is going to have a special event in Delhi today. The phone will soon be available on Flipkart. The company has acquired the position of the second biggest vendor of smart phones in the country. The responses to its previous 2 models, LENOVO VIBE K4 and K5 NOTE in the country, were quite positive.
PRICE: APPROX 9,999 INR
There is going to be a live stream for the launching event at 3:00 p.m. on Facebook. Lenovo unveiled its K6, K6 Note and K6 Power back in an event in Berlin in September this year.
A few of the specific features of the smartphone are:
- It comes up with a battery of 4,000mAh just like Xiaomi Redmi 3S series.
- It has a 5 inch HD full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It has 1.3 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor.
- It has 3 GB of RAM and 3 GB RAM storage coupled with an Adreno 505 GPU.
- The rear camera is 13 MP with LED flash and PDAF.
- The front camera is of 8 MegaPixel.
- The battery is again non-removable like most of the other Lenovo phones.
- The phone also has a fingerprint scanner on the back.
- It has a uni-metal body like most other phones do have these days.
- The phone, like every other Lenovo phone has Dolby Atoms-powered sound.
- It supports GSM/ HSPA/ LSP network.
- Its dimensions are 141.9 x 70.3 x 8.2 mm.
- It weighs just 140 grams.
- It supports dual SIM-card accommodation.
- It has and Android Operating system (Marshmallow).
- The camera features include Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR and panorama.
- In its sound features, it alerts you through vibrations, MP3 as well as WAV ringtone. The loudspeakers are with stereo speakers
- For connection, it supports WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, radio, and USB port also
- For sensors, it also has accelerometer, proximity and compass also
- The supported browser is HTML 5
- It doesn’t support Java
- The smartphone is available in three different colors which are Silver, Gold and Dark Grey
The price hasn’t yet been declared in it.
The smartphone id believed to give a very tough competition to the recently launched Xiaomi Redmi 3 S Prime which also features similar features within a budget of 10000 INR.
The users by now have responded very positively to Lenovo K4 and K5 and their later editions too, but same has been the case with Redmi.
Since its launch, the market of Redmi hasn’t dropped yet in the country.
Lenovo has high hopes with its latest phone and so do we have. Well an all the best to you and your market. We hope that it fulfills its promises.