What is your biggest dream? Everyone will have quite different answers like buying a house, marrying a beautiful woman, getting high salary, etc. But the greatest dream of each person is to be “Happy”. Happiness is a state of mind.
Mahatma Gandhi Ji has given a wonderful definition to it. “Happiness is when, what you think, what you say and what you do, are in Harmony.” Everybody wants to be happy, but no one knows how to make it.
Here I am, giving some tips to be happy throughout the week, every hour and each second (24*7).
1. Prepare your mind: First of all, set your mind. “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be”, said Abraham Lincoln. Teach your mind to be happy. Throw all the dirt out of your mind and keep it clean.
Let your mind be filled with some good stuff like love, kindness, gentleness, patience, peace, etc.
2. Believe in you: God made everyone unique. Nobody in this world is exactly like you. Have a strong believe in you.
Never compare yourself with any other person. His/her qualities will be entirely different from your quality.
Be happy that you are unique!!
3. Have a goal: Set a goal for your life. Let it be a big, amazing goal. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to the people or things”, said Albert Einstein. A bit of planning, dedication and hard work will surely help you can achieve your goal.
4. Control your anger: Never allow your emotions to rule you; instead you have to rule your emotions. Learn to control your emotions, especially your anger.
Never let your anger stay with you. It will destroy your happiness. When you are angry, take a deep breath and move on.
5. Cultivate good habits: ”Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions”; these are the lines said by the famous preacher Dalai Lama.
Cultivate some good habits in you. Good habits produce good actions and that will make you happy.
6. Pray or meditate: Set aside a time slot for meditation or prayer. It will help you to keep your mind calm. Tell all your needs and worries to God when you pray. It will make you relaxed and happy.
7. Have some entertainment: Keep some time for entertainment from your tight, busy routine. You can read some books, play with kids, cook, watch shows, etc. It will freshen up your mind-set and helps to be happy.
8. Do exercises: To freshen up your body, you need to do some exercises daily. An unhealthy body will never give you happiness. Have a good diet and get a healthy body, Be energetic.
9. Help others: “The best way to pursue happiness is to help other people. Nothing else will make you happier”; said George Lucas. If you want to be really happy, then make others happy. Whenever you get an opportunity, help others.
Whenever you help others, never expect anything in return from them. Expectations can sometimes create disappoints.
10. Have a positive attitude: Let your attitude be positive. It will keep you and all others surrounding you to be positive. Let your attitude shine in all the situations you come across in life.
Face your problems with courage. Always remember, there is a solution for every problem. Realizing this big fact will help you to be happy in midst of your problems.
I hope the above tips will help you to achieve your happiness. Never allow others to snatch your happiness. Remember, Happiness is a choice, If you want to be happy then choose it.